The Most Peaceful Room in the House!
The Most Peaceful Room in the House . . . Upon seeing the news report of a Kansas woman who had stayed in the bathroom for two years without coming out, I didn’t think much about it. The reason? Well, if you’re a mother or have ever been around small children, you know that the bathroom can become a retreat and a place of solace.
The bathroom is the only room in the house with a good lock on the door and where people usually don’t want to join you when you’re its occupant. There are some exceptions to this rule when you have toddlers. They want to be where you are, even if it’s in the bathroom and will go to great lengths, (sticking fingers and objects under the door) to disturb your solitude and meditation.
At church on Wednesday nights, I’ve found the bathroom to be a wonderful retreat from wild, screaming children. If I go missing on that night, you know where I’ll most likely be!
The story of the Kansas woman, though, grabbed my attention when I learned that she was adhered to the toilet seat, which required surgical removal. To have stayed, bare bottomed on the stool long enough for your skin to grow around it is almost unfathomable. For her live-in boyfriend not to have sensed that this was not “normal” and called for help before two years, is even more unbelievable.
The next time I retreat to my “security zone”, I’ll make sure that I don’t sit too long!!
Comments
oh yeah i was gonna tell you too, in response to ur comment on hers... i rarely get comments but know that quite a few people read my blog, so don't be discouraged, i am sure your words are being read:) Have a great afternoon!!