A Story You Won't See on CNN or MSNBC!!!
Sunday morning, as I was getting ready for church, I turned on the television to watch the "Hour of Power" from Garden Grove, California. I enjoy watching the program because they are always positive and uplifting and have some great, talented guests on their show.
Sunday's guest was an older, graying man who had a hard time breathing. He looked feeble as he stepped to the front to join Robert Schuler, Sr. It was Evel Knievel!! Some of you from the younger generation would not appreciate or even recognize that name but I remember it well.
My little brother thought that Evel Knievel was the best!!! Evel was always trying to break records and ended up holding the Guinness Book of World Records for breaking the most bones! He jumped cars, buildings, and even tried jumping the Grand Canyon.
My first reaction was to ask, "What is he doing on a religious program?" As long as I can remember he had a reputation for being wild and a "womanizer." I was momentarily puzzled by his appearance, but quickly my eyes were opened.
Evel Knievel got saved!!! Wow!!! That's a story that won't make headlines but SHOULD! As I listened to his testimony of how God got a hold of his life and change him completely, I felt like shouting. The Spirit of God was so real and the sincerity of his relationship with God was REAL!
Read all about it at:
I was so encouraged to know that God is still seeking the lost!! It doesn't matter how far away from Him they go, He still loves and wants to have a relationship with them. I won't give up on praying for those I know who are so far from God. I will continue to pray and trust that they'll make things right before they draw their last breath.
.
Comments