Not All The Fun is on the Van!!

Most of you have gathered that I drive the Church Van. Our pastor and I rotate driving and my route is pick-up on Wednesday nights and Drop-off on Sunday mornings. I am going to write a book on things I've learned ON the church van, but tonight I got an education that came from outside the van! (grin)

I was in a left turn lane, waiting for the light to change. There was a small, white station wagon in front of me with a young couple in it. The man, who was driving, was of small stature and the young woman, sitting in the passenger's seat, was three times larger than the driver. She was busy with her cellphone until a romantic "notion" struck her, and she reached over and planted a "BIG" kiss on the driver. He must have enjoyed it because he did not try to pull away.

I really wasn't interested in watching the couple make out in front of me, so I raised my eyes to look at the traffic signal, anxious for the light to turn green. Then, it did! The light turned green and my eyes moved back down to the "Love" mobile only to see the couple still attached at the lips!

As a rule, I don't blow the horn at people who are not paying attention to their driving, but this situation demanded a wake-up call. I blew the horn and just as soon as the sound of it reached the lover's ears, the girl pull away from the driver and slapped him across the face. He immediately put his foot to the pedal and pulled forward.

I could not help but laugh the rest of the way to church. The Lord knew that I needed some comic relief and He was faithful to provide it for me.

Have you ever considered volunteering to drive the church van? If not, you should!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .