Not Me!!!

A “first” happened last night. After almost 18 years of marriage, my husband woke me up because he claimed I was snoring. I know that you are probably as shocked as I at hearing this. Moi? I don’t snore! I pride myself in sleeping on my side for that very reason. Surely he was mistaken. I bet it was HE who was snoring and just thought it was his beloved wife.
I’ve been stricken with allergy problems this week and neglected to take any medication before going to bed, last night. It was a miserable night for Eddie as well as me.
Denial is something that plagues us all from time to time. We don’t like to admit when we are in the wrong. When failures are pointed out to us, we tend to get defensive, put up our walls, and shut out the person, trying to help us!
We sometimes will spend a lot of time pointing out the faults and failures of others in order that people won’t see our own. In order to grow and change, we must learn to accept our shortcomings and take responsibility for our actions. When we get to that point, we are free to do something about them.
I confess, “I did SNORE last night!” So . . . let’s see. How do I stop it? (That’s a whole other issue!)
I’ve been stricken with allergy problems this week and neglected to take any medication before going to bed, last night. It was a miserable night for Eddie as well as me.
Denial is something that plagues us all from time to time. We don’t like to admit when we are in the wrong. When failures are pointed out to us, we tend to get defensive, put up our walls, and shut out the person, trying to help us!
We sometimes will spend a lot of time pointing out the faults and failures of others in order that people won’t see our own. In order to grow and change, we must learn to accept our shortcomings and take responsibility for our actions. When we get to that point, we are free to do something about them.
I confess, “I did SNORE last night!” So . . . let’s see. How do I stop it? (That’s a whole other issue!)
Comments