My Grandpa . . .
Grandpa Gilbert Larpenter was born January 18 1895 in Abbyville, Louisiana.
He died December 18, 1977 in Bedico, Louisiana.
My grandpa was a quiet, serious man who took his job as husband, father, and provider very seriously. He believed that a man's word was his bond and was well thought of by everyone who knew of or knew him personally.
Grandpa was a very hard working man. As a mechanic, his nails and hands reflected his line of work and the smell of mechanic's oil was his cologne.
Grandpa was not one to be idle but found something to do wherever he went. This above photo was taken in Natchitoches at my childhood home. Grandpa was cracking pecans. It was probably during the same trip that Grandpa tried to train our dog! That poor dog probably had a headache for days from Grandpa's knuckles!
I wish that I'd been old enough, while Grandpa was alive, to see the importance of documenting the history of his life and taking more photos. So much was lost when he passed away.
I am still reaping the benefits of Grandpa's morals and ethics! I pray that I will continue the same characteristics with my daughters.
-2.jpg)
Comments