Just another Episode . . .
It seems that my life is full of "encounters" with people who change me and make a mark on my heart. I had another such experience last Sunday when I ran into the local Winn Dixie to pick up a few items.As I approached the check-out lanes I opted to use the service desk instead of the regular lanes because of the length of their lines.
The clerk, a young lady in her early 20's, greeted me kindly, asking how I was doing. I told her my usual response, "I can't complain," followed by my asking her how she was.
It was like the clerk was waiting for someone to ask her that question, because she immediately started talking. She told me that she hadn't been sleeping well lately and hoped that she wasn't having another "episode" like she had last year. The "episode" that she was referring to was an unwanted pregnancy that she had "terminated" by having an abortion.
I stood there in a state of shock. All I could think about was that she viewed the unborn baby as an "episode" and killed it so that she wouldn't be inconvenienced. The sad thing is that she didn't seem in the least to be concerned about the fact that she had killed a precious, innocent baby.
It's a sad state of affairs when the attitude toward life, by a society, encourages the killing of unborn babies.
All I could think to say to the clerk was, "I'm so sorry!" I walked away from her with a deep sense of loss for a little life that would have brought much joy into a family wanting a child. I also prayed for that precious girl who was so misled. Each time I think of her, I pray that she'll find peace through Christ. He can bring healing and comfort to her life.
I wonder who I'll run into next???
Comments