Busy, Busy, Busy!!

I think that is the state of my life and I wish that it were not at times. This past weekend was a busy one for us.

Friday, after the girls and I did our school work, we went to the church to clean it. After we finished there, we ran by the bank and on home so that Anna could take a shower and get ready for her weekend.

We took Anna to Pell City, Alabama, Friday to meet some of her CAP group cadets so that they could go to Maxwell Airforce for Search and Rescue Training. She'll have to complete four weekends of training before she can be certified to be on a team. She'll be able to go out in the field and search for missing people and downed planes. She came home very excited, tired, and dirty!

After taking Anna to Pell City, Eddie and had a church board meeting at 6:30 p.m. and didn't get home until after 9:00 p.m.

We got home and tried to get to bed as soon as we could because District Children's Quizzing was Saturday.

I left the house around 6:30 a.m. to go pick up quizzers and then we drove to Birmingham where we had our quiz match. Rachel was top quizzer on the district, yesterday, and we are so proud of her. She sometimes has problems concentrating and focusing but the Lord really helped her yesterday. This is her last year to quiz on the Children's level because of her age. We hope she will qualify for Regions in Georgia.

This afternoon we went back to Pell City and picked up Anna. She was so excited and talked the whole way home and gave a little report at church.

Now, we're home and are taking the day off. I've got a lot of work to do around the house so it won't be much of a day off but we will have a different pace of our schedule.

Enough for today!
Beth

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to go, Anna!! That is so awesomely cool. I wish I had done something like that when I was your age. I feel like I have wasted so much time and have accomplished so little in my life. Will you get to work with a canine unit? (Dog :) That would really be cool. I have to think it is so satisfying to be called to areas all over the world to help find victims of disasters. There is not much more help you can give a person than that. Except, of course, to tell them about the saving grace of God. Steve and I were talking today about search and rescue. I wondered why, in this terrain, there is not a search and rescue or at least a tracking canine with one of the area departments, either law enforcement or fire. It is so easy for a person to get lost in these mountains. Especially with the drug problem so out of control. Steve said I should get a bloodhound and train it to track. Then I could volunteer to help with such things. That would be "wicked awesome." lol

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .