Life's Lessons
1. Life is too short - The longer I live, the reality of that statement sets in. It just seems like yesterday when we brought Anna home from the hospital. She will turn 22 in December. Where has the time gone?
2. Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness - I believe that grudges are just another form of hatred. They are like snakes! We shouldn't hold them because they will turn and bite us. We're the ones who will be destroyed if we hang onto them.
3. Apologize when you should - I sometimes apologize for things that many would say were not my fault, but I believe that being a "peacemaker" is more important than being "right." Now, don't get me wrong. There are somethings that we should never apologize for and our beliefs about God, morality and justice are a few.
4. Let go of what you cannot change - That's a hard one and I speak from experience. There have been so many things lately that are out of my control, and my first reaction is to try to "fix them". I can't so therefore I'm learning to let them go and let God work instead. Hard!
5. Have no regrets - I'm not sure if that is possible, but I do try. When I'm on my death bed, I will regret not taking more pictures of my family! (Those of you who know me are laughing!)
6. Life is too short to be unhappy. - As a believer and follower of Jesus Christ, I have a deep joy that cannot be produced by anything else. There are times when emotionally I'm not happy, but the Joy of the Lord is always present. If I begin praising the Lord and focusing on Him, the unhappy feelings often disappear.
7. Love what you have. - There are times when the sound of snoring awakens me from the other side of the bed. (I'm sure that is reciprocated from time to time.) I'm tempted to be grouchy when the Lord reminds me that I should be thankful to have that husband in my life, even if he's snoring. Life would be so lonely without him!
8. Always remember what you've had. - Life is full of seasons. Friends comes and go. Things come and go. Life's situations come and go. Look back and find the good about each and be thankful.
9. Always forgive. - The Bible makes our forgiveness hinge of the amount of our forgiveness toward others. As for as forgetting, I'm not sure if we can ever forget, but we don't need to dwell on things that have needed forgiveness, and we should not drag them up like a dog drags up a dead carcass.
10. Learn from your mistakes. - We should also learn from the mistakes of others because we surely don't have enough time in our life to make them all ourselves!
11. People change and things go wrong. - We all change. It's just part of life. Sometimes situations and relationships just don't work out or work smoothly. Some people are not willing to try to see things from your viewpoint and are not willing to try. That's when you move on, all the time continuing to love, forgive, and reach out.
12. Life does go on, and will continue after we take the last breath on this earth.

Comments