Changes . . .
Have you ever given thought to life being like an interstate with exits along the way that lead to changes? I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and trying to make sense of all the changes I'm facing in my life. Some are small and some are life changing. They all require effort, thought, prayer, and soul searching. In other words, these decisions require work.
At the end of April, I decided that I needed to take the exit that would lead to changes in my health. This is not the first time I've taken the exit and everything looked very familiar. The only difference in this time and the others is that God directed me to take the exit. In reading my Bible I was reminded that the body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. I joking heard someone say they were building a condo for the Holy Spirit. I was well on my way to that. I didn't feel well and my energy level was very low. The Lord prompted me to start taking small steps, and with his help, I've lost almost 25 pounds. I cannot do it without Him and His strength. My will power is not adequate for the job. Pray for me as I continue on this journey. I want to be pleasing to Him.
The next major exit I took was on May 19, when I watched as my youngest marched across the platform to receive her diploma from High School (homeschool). I'm not sure where the time went, but it's gone, and now we face a new exit in our lives. I face the exit of seeking what God wants me to do next. I'm continuing with my piano teaching and hope to build up my studio load so that I don't have to go out and find a "real" job. Rachel is facing the exit of finding a job and deciding what she wants to do with the rest of her life. Please pray especially for her. She's such a precious, tender-hearted young lady who loves the Lord and wants His best for her life.
My current "exit" (no pun intended) is the decision to leave a church that I've been a member of for almost 23 years and to seek another place to worship. No, we're not mad at the preacher or anyone in the church. In fact, we love everyone in the church which has made leaving so much more difficult. We feel that the load on us has become too heavy. In a small church the 20/80% principle is much harder on the 20% than it is in a larger church. I know that every church has that situation: 20% do all the work and 80% let them. (grin) The fact that only a few carry the load working, praying, and giving, can become burdensome, and that has happened to us. Our church family will continue to be our family, and we will continue to love them and keep in touch.
We feel that God is leading us to a wonderful church that has basically the same Wesleyan/Armenian doctrine that the Nazarene church has, and we also know some members of the congregation. After a time of resting and healing, we plan to be found working where God wants us to work. Please keep us in your prayers. There will be much adjusting to do on our part and on the part of the church we will be attending.
I'm not sure what "Exits" I will be taking this week. It may be an "exit" to reach out to someone who is lonely and needs a kind word. It may be an "exit" where much faith and trust in God is required. I don't know, but I do have a wonderful GPS (God-Providing-Service) who will go with me each mile of the way, provide for my needs, and lead me in the path I should go! Praise His Name! If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, He is within a call away from answering your needs. Please reach out to Him today and accept what He offers to you!! You will never be the same!!
At the end of April, I decided that I needed to take the exit that would lead to changes in my health. This is not the first time I've taken the exit and everything looked very familiar. The only difference in this time and the others is that God directed me to take the exit. In reading my Bible I was reminded that the body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. I joking heard someone say they were building a condo for the Holy Spirit. I was well on my way to that. I didn't feel well and my energy level was very low. The Lord prompted me to start taking small steps, and with his help, I've lost almost 25 pounds. I cannot do it without Him and His strength. My will power is not adequate for the job. Pray for me as I continue on this journey. I want to be pleasing to Him.
The next major exit I took was on May 19, when I watched as my youngest marched across the platform to receive her diploma from High School (homeschool). I'm not sure where the time went, but it's gone, and now we face a new exit in our lives. I face the exit of seeking what God wants me to do next. I'm continuing with my piano teaching and hope to build up my studio load so that I don't have to go out and find a "real" job. Rachel is facing the exit of finding a job and deciding what she wants to do with the rest of her life. Please pray especially for her. She's such a precious, tender-hearted young lady who loves the Lord and wants His best for her life.
My current "exit" (no pun intended) is the decision to leave a church that I've been a member of for almost 23 years and to seek another place to worship. No, we're not mad at the preacher or anyone in the church. In fact, we love everyone in the church which has made leaving so much more difficult. We feel that the load on us has become too heavy. In a small church the 20/80% principle is much harder on the 20% than it is in a larger church. I know that every church has that situation: 20% do all the work and 80% let them. (grin) The fact that only a few carry the load working, praying, and giving, can become burdensome, and that has happened to us. Our church family will continue to be our family, and we will continue to love them and keep in touch.
We feel that God is leading us to a wonderful church that has basically the same Wesleyan/Armenian doctrine that the Nazarene church has, and we also know some members of the congregation. After a time of resting and healing, we plan to be found working where God wants us to work. Please keep us in your prayers. There will be much adjusting to do on our part and on the part of the church we will be attending.
I'm not sure what "Exits" I will be taking this week. It may be an "exit" to reach out to someone who is lonely and needs a kind word. It may be an "exit" where much faith and trust in God is required. I don't know, but I do have a wonderful GPS (God-Providing-Service) who will go with me each mile of the way, provide for my needs, and lead me in the path I should go! Praise His Name! If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, He is within a call away from answering your needs. Please reach out to Him today and accept what He offers to you!! You will never be the same!!

Comments