Today I will not complain . . .
I was watching Discovery Channel last night when this story caught my attention. The title of the episode was "Half Man, Half Tree". That will grab your attention.The more I watched, the more my heart was broken for this dear man whose hands and feet were covered with wart-like growths. They were not life treatening, it seemed, but were hindering him from making a living and providing for his family.
The only cure for this man's condition was to surgically remove the wart-covered skin from his hands, a time consuming procedure. The next step was to remove the skin from his upper thigh and graft it to the hands.
I turned to my husband, after seeing this program, and told him that we had NO ROOM to complain about anything. It's so easy to become consumed by our own problems and concerns that we neglect to see the hurting around us. I don't want to be guilty of that.
As you are praying, I ask that you remember my friend Kathryn Martin and her adopted mother, Mrs. Shockley. Mrs. Shockley's eye is dying, causing her much pain. She sees a doctor today about having the eye removed. These dear ladies have gone through so much and Kathryn is exhausted from taking care of Mrs. Shockley 24-7.
Comments