Another Busy One . . .
Well, my summer is going by too fast and this week has flown by due to my being too busy. Thank the Lord He gives me strength to keep going. I'm sure I'll survive, but my knee is another story. It's been letting me know that I'm not as young as I once was and that losing 300 pounds would make a difference!
Tuesday found the Shurbutt girls at the fellowship hall helping with VBS decorations. We had to move all the yard sale "stuff" to the front porch for the Center of Hope people to pick up, and there was a lot of it. Our VBS Theme this year is Custom Garage, and one of our church members loaned us the front end of an old Camero. We got the fellowship hall looking rather cool.
Wednesday found us getting ready for VBS. Rachel and I are doing the story hour and had to wrap up a few loose ends. We headed to the church early and set up. We had a good group of children and adults and a great time was had by all!! On the way home we stopped at the grocery store, and that's when Eddie heard the air coming from one of the rear tires of the van. Sure enough, we had run over something which called for removing the regular tire and replacing it with the "donut" tire. I tried to do most of the hard work due to Eddie's chronic arthritis and ended up taking the skin off one of my knuckles!
This morning, I had to call the IRS about $1000.00 they'd said that we owed them! Three days before our trip to France, we got a notice saying that a mistake had been made on our Income Tax Form and since Anna was now 17 years of age, we could not get credit for her! Talk about setting the spending mood for our trip! We'd already received our return via direct deposit. Eddie asked me to call IRS today and check on why we hadn't received a coupon to send back with the money. After calling two numbers and going through numerous questions, followed by pushing the requested button on the phone, and I may add, 30 minutes later, I reach a real live person. The humorous thing about the IRS agent was that he had a very heavy accent. Eddie told me later that he was probably in India!!! (grin) He gets my life history and puts me on hold again. After several minutes he comes back with news that made my day. He told me that the $1000.00 had been taken out of the refund before we received it. If I were a better book keeper, I would have caught that. Oh well . . . now Rachel can start her second round of braces!
After I hung up with the IRS man, we headed to Anniston to get the flat tire fixed. The first place I visited told me that it would be 4.5 to 5 hours before they could even get to it. I knew that was out of the question so I drove down the street to another tire store, and they were able to fix it and send me on my way 15 minutes later.
Rachel and I headed to the church to clean. It turned out to be a major cleaning job. The termite man had come on Tuesday and drilled wonderful little holes along the floors for poisoning. I ended up having to vacuum all that up plus move the furniture back where it was originally. That's why my knee is speaking to me!!
We hurried home to get ready for CAP. It's our week to drive, but I let Eddie have the honors this week. I'm staying home trying to stay off this knee.
Tomorrow we will spend some time with Eddie's brother and sister-in-law, Joe and Mary. We always enjoy visiting with them, but don't get to do it as often as we should.
It's great to live in a country where we enjoy the freedoms we enjoy. It has its faults but the privileges and freedoms out-weigh them. I pray that people will turn back to God. He is what our country was founded on, and without Him we will fail.
Comments