What I've Learned About Friends . . .

Over my lifetime, I've learned a lot about friends and friendship and I'm going to share some of the knowledge I've gained:

* The Best Friend we can ever have is Jesus. He laid down his life for us and paid the price for our sins. He walked where we walk and feels our pain, sorrow, and joy.

* Our Spouse SHOULD be our best earthly friend. Eddie and I made a covenant before God that we would love each other through the good and bad times of life. We've taken that very seriously. The ONLY way that we can accomplish that is by keeping God at the center of our marriage and home. It's fun living with your friend!

* Friendship is like a garden. It must be cultivated which sometimes requires a lot of work, patience, and understanding. The harvest is worth it, though!!

* Friends don't have to be related biologically. In fact, the majority of my friends in Alabama are not relatives.

* You will find some of your best friends in church!!! My church has become my family. When I'm in need, they are who I call upon, most of the time. They are the ones who give me encouragement when I'm discouraged. They love my girls and that means a lot to me.

* In order to have friends, YOU must be friendly. You cannot sit around waiting for the world to come to you. You must be active in finding friends. We miss out on some good friendships because we're waiting for others to make the first move.

* Real friends give without expecting anything in return.

* Real friends love you in spite of your flaws and shortcomings.

* A Real friend will listen to you "vent" without being judgmental.

* Real friendships are investments we make for ourselves. What we put into friendships comes back with interest!!!

* A real friend is one you can call anytime during the day or night if you have a need.

* Friendships going through seasons. There are many factors that affect friendships. Distance can change the dynamics of a friendship, but that doesn't mean that a long distance friendship is not possible. It just takes more work and effort.

* Friendships should be treated as priceless treasures. One should not take a friend for granted but must cherish and protect them.

Investing in people yields the most return for your investment!! Make some investments today!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .