A Hard but Learning Time . . .

My husband left me two weeks ago! No, it's not what you're thinking! He had to go to Maryland for Hazmat Training. We usually go with him if the training happens during our summer vacation but could not get away to go with him this time.
He left on Sunday, and Monday things started happening. Thirty minutes before my first piano student was to arrive, Anna (my oldest daughter) called me stating that she'd left the lights on in the car while she worked which had resulted in a dead battery! She was very upset and I assured her that we could handle it. I canceled all my lessons and tried to figure out how I would get to the mall (where Anna was) when my van was in the shop, having the oil changed.
Thank the Lord for Friends! I was able to get our mechanic, who also is our friend and fellow church attendee, to help me out with the van.
Saturday, Anna went to get in the red car and it was dead! She was so upset but I tried to assure her that we could handle the situation and let her take my van to work. After seeing her off to work, I walked into my studio, sat down, and cried. The feeling of being alone overwhelmed me.
As I sat there wallowing in my self pity and despair, the Lord started speaking to me. He brought to my mind a situation I'd witnessed with a friend. Her husband had really left her and she was left alone to raise two teenagers. I thought about a friend who has recently lost her husband of 49 years. He won't be coming back and she now has to manage her life without his help. I also thought about a friend (younger than me) who has an invalid husband.
As the Lord played the lives of these three women on the screen of my mind, I realized that I was experiencing, temporarily, what they lived with daily. Immediately I had a greater sense of Compassion and sympathy for them.
I may be faced with being home alone one day, and I know that if I am, God will be there and so will friends!!!
He left on Sunday, and Monday things started happening. Thirty minutes before my first piano student was to arrive, Anna (my oldest daughter) called me stating that she'd left the lights on in the car while she worked which had resulted in a dead battery! She was very upset and I assured her that we could handle it. I canceled all my lessons and tried to figure out how I would get to the mall (where Anna was) when my van was in the shop, having the oil changed.
Thank the Lord for Friends! I was able to get our mechanic, who also is our friend and fellow church attendee, to help me out with the van.
Saturday, Anna went to get in the red car and it was dead! She was so upset but I tried to assure her that we could handle the situation and let her take my van to work. After seeing her off to work, I walked into my studio, sat down, and cried. The feeling of being alone overwhelmed me.
As I sat there wallowing in my self pity and despair, the Lord started speaking to me. He brought to my mind a situation I'd witnessed with a friend. Her husband had really left her and she was left alone to raise two teenagers. I thought about a friend who has recently lost her husband of 49 years. He won't be coming back and she now has to manage her life without his help. I also thought about a friend (younger than me) who has an invalid husband.
As the Lord played the lives of these three women on the screen of my mind, I realized that I was experiencing, temporarily, what they lived with daily. Immediately I had a greater sense of Compassion and sympathy for them.
I may be faced with being home alone one day, and I know that if I am, God will be there and so will friends!!!
Comments