We Should Never Forget . . .

I've heard several broadcasters ask the question, "Do you remember where you were on 9-11?" If you were alive that day, you most likely remember exactly what you were doing. I do!

It was one of the rare surreal moments that I've experienced in life and the shock and disbelief permeated my world.

Now that six years has passed, the shock and disbelief have lessened for our country, as a whole, and life has gone back to a more normal existence compared to the weeks and months after 9-11.

I've heard some say that we need to move on and put it behind us, and others say that we should never forget. I think that to an extent, both are correct.

We need to get beyond the act itself and not let it make us hard, suspicious, and bitter. Those things are cancers to our souls and do not improve who we are as individuals or a nation.

We should never forget what that one act of terrorism did for our nation. It drew us all together. We seemed to be more united after the days of the attack and people took time to recognize each other as people who hurt and bleed the same color blood. We were a family and that felt good.

The sad thing is that I don't feel that feeling of "family" as I did after the attack. We so soon forget what our nation stands for and the role each of us play. May we all see each other as children of God and not let our differences separate us.

We do and will continue to remember . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .