Mother and Child . . . a beautiful relationship?

There is nothing more precious and innocent than seeing a mother loving her child. The relationship between mother and child is one of the beautiful miracles that God ordained. A mother provides all that a child needs, or does she?

Most of the mothers I've known, including my favorite mother, have been loving, caring, nurturing and giving to their children but not all of them.

I've seen some mothers who have traded the love of their child for a man, other than the child's father. Their need to be loved by a man becomes more important than the love and care of their children. Some children have been symbolically trade for alcohol, drugs, and the party scene. The sad thing is that most of the time drugs and alcohol usually win out, destroying lives in their paths.

As I've said before, Walmart brings out the worst in human nature and again, I saw an example of that today. I was talking down the frozen food lane when I saw a mother in her 30's with her daughter who was probably 10-11 years of age. The way the mother spoke to the girl broke my heart and the results of verbal abuse spoke volumes through the body language of the child.

I stopped right there and whispered a prayer for this mother and daughter. What an opportunity the mother is missing to love and nurture her child. Life is so fragile and short. I walked away so sad.

Life is no longer about me and my needs. It is about loving and giving to those I love most, my husband and daughters, and next to those who I come in contact with. I find that when I love others the way I want to be loved, all my needs are met!

Find a child this week and give them a big hug. Tell them how special they are and who much God loves them. He has a plan for their lives. Pray for the parents who love themselves more than they love their children. They need love and compassion also!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beth,

What a wonderful story and reminder that we so often treat our very own precious children as trash. I know that we sometimes get caught up in the work-a-day world and get overwhelmed with just trying to provide a home, food and clothing for them that we forget what they need most of all is our love, patience and time.
Your blogging is such a blessing to me, thank you for taking the time to do it.
Marcel

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .