Be Slow to Speak and Quick to Listen . . .
Have you ever said something that came back to bite you? Well, Sunday that happened to me during morning worship. I was "bragging" to my Sunday School Class (I know you're thinking, "NOT BETH!) by telling them that I thought myself to be a very patient person. Maybe that is not bragging but just stating a truth about myself. Is it a God thing or is it just a coincidence that when we say one thing, something else immediately happens to test us? That is what occured Sunday morning. My little friend, who sits by me on Sunday morning, did not take his medication and was in rare form.
When I got home, drained and exhausted, the Lord reminded me of the statement I'd made in Sunday School. As I mulled it over in my mind, I wondered if the "struggle" would have occurred if I had not made the statement. I came to the conclusion that it probably would have. It also reminded me that the Lord's timing is impeccable! (grin)
Do I still think of myself as being patient? Yes, but it's just between you and me!
Comments