"Little Daniel"

"Little" Daniel is not who you think it is in the above photo. "Little" Daniel is the tall, handsome man standing with his mother, wife, and new son.

"Little" Daniel was one of my piano students when I was single and living in Louisiana. He always came to his lessons with his music prepared and dressed very neatly. His hair was always slicked down and his ever-present attire was a cowboy belt with a buckle that had to be 5" in diameter. It became a ritural, upon arriving for his lesson, for Daniel to remove his belt and hang it up on the coat rack. We learned that it was less painful to sit on the piano bench WITHOUT the belt than with it!!

Mom and Dad ran into Daniel and his family at the 90th birthday party of his grandpa. Dad took the above photo and sent it to me.

Wow! Am I getting old or is it that kids are growing up quicker than they once did? Daniel is now married with a new baby. He's a Lieutenant in the United States Air Force protecting our country. I was so proud to hear that.

I was saddened to hear that he doesn't get much time to play the piano anymore. I wonder if he still has that abdomen-cutting belt buckle?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .