The Power of Praise!
One of the things that I learned this past weekend at the retreat is that it is very important that Christians learn to Praise God in ALL situations, whether good or bad.
Now, there is a difference in "Thanking" and "Praising." I find it very easy to "Thank" God for things. I say "Thank the Lord" when I find a parking place close to the store, no bills come in the mail, and when I narrowly miss having an accident. It just comes naturally and sometimes I believe that I do it out of habit. I wouldn't say it's a bad habit to have.
But . . . praising the Lord in all circumstances and situations of life is another story. I'd not put much thought into it until this weekend. Praising God doesn't always mean when find the "good" in situations because some of them have no good to be found. It means giving glory and honor to the Father who knows me better than anyone else and loves me more than I could ever imagine and that He trusts me enough to allow me to go through the circumstances I find myself in.
Praise comes in many forms. It could be quoting scriptures that bring honor and glory to Him. It could be singing songs of praise and adoration or it could be lifting our hands skyward in a sign of honor and respect.
Praise raises me above the clouds of despair and hopelessness. They help me see that God is in control and that His will is being done in my life. It also makes the devil flee which is always a good thing.
Is praise always easy? No, I don't believe it is but I do believe that it can be done even in the mist of the darkness nights and turbulent storms. It's our choice.
Lord, I chose to praise you today because I love you and you are my friend, my comforter, my redeemer, my rock, my salvation, and my hope. I know that no matter what I have to go through in this life, You will never leave or forsake me. PRAISE YOUR NAME!!
Now, there is a difference in "Thanking" and "Praising." I find it very easy to "Thank" God for things. I say "Thank the Lord" when I find a parking place close to the store, no bills come in the mail, and when I narrowly miss having an accident. It just comes naturally and sometimes I believe that I do it out of habit. I wouldn't say it's a bad habit to have.
But . . . praising the Lord in all circumstances and situations of life is another story. I'd not put much thought into it until this weekend. Praising God doesn't always mean when find the "good" in situations because some of them have no good to be found. It means giving glory and honor to the Father who knows me better than anyone else and loves me more than I could ever imagine and that He trusts me enough to allow me to go through the circumstances I find myself in.
Praise comes in many forms. It could be quoting scriptures that bring honor and glory to Him. It could be singing songs of praise and adoration or it could be lifting our hands skyward in a sign of honor and respect.
Praise raises me above the clouds of despair and hopelessness. They help me see that God is in control and that His will is being done in my life. It also makes the devil flee which is always a good thing.
Is praise always easy? No, I don't believe it is but I do believe that it can be done even in the mist of the darkness nights and turbulent storms. It's our choice.
Lord, I chose to praise you today because I love you and you are my friend, my comforter, my redeemer, my rock, my salvation, and my hope. I know that no matter what I have to go through in this life, You will never leave or forsake me. PRAISE YOUR NAME!!
Comments
Cheryl