"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
The Message puts it like this:
21Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose.
These words were spoken by the Apostle Paul from Prison. They were the emphasis in today's Sunday School Lesson say a lot about Paul’s relationship with God, himself, and others.
Paul’s life was centered around Christ and the proclamation of his name and message. It didn't matter to Paul what his circumstances were. He had learned to be content in whatever circumstances he found himself and some of them were not very pleasant. Life, to him, wasn't about being comfortable. It was about being in the center of God's will and he learned that when he was there, he could be content and happy. That didn't mean he never had a rough day or was never tempted to be down and discouraged. It meant that he could be victorious over any temptation or situation with the strength of God living in him.
Paul had also learned that when he came to point where he was ready to die and maybe even welcomed it, then at that point and only then could he really learn to live.
I teach a class where the average age is around 67. I asked them if any had ever wished the God would come and take them to heaven. There were only two that admitted feeling that way at one time or another and I was one of them. I'm not sure if they were all being totally truthful! (grin)
There have been days in my life that the other side looked very good and a relief to the pain and hurt I was suffering. I do admit that the times I've felt that way are very few and short lived. I enjoy life and want to live as long as the Lord wants me on this earth. I do know that when He is finished with me, He will come for me and I will live in a place far better than this earth. Until then, I will be content and work to be what God wants me to be.
I strive to be the kind of wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, teacher, friend, and child of God that will make a positive difference in this world.
Beth
21Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose.
These words were spoken by the Apostle Paul from Prison. They were the emphasis in today's Sunday School Lesson say a lot about Paul’s relationship with God, himself, and others.
Paul’s life was centered around Christ and the proclamation of his name and message. It didn't matter to Paul what his circumstances were. He had learned to be content in whatever circumstances he found himself and some of them were not very pleasant. Life, to him, wasn't about being comfortable. It was about being in the center of God's will and he learned that when he was there, he could be content and happy. That didn't mean he never had a rough day or was never tempted to be down and discouraged. It meant that he could be victorious over any temptation or situation with the strength of God living in him.
Paul had also learned that when he came to point where he was ready to die and maybe even welcomed it, then at that point and only then could he really learn to live.
I teach a class where the average age is around 67. I asked them if any had ever wished the God would come and take them to heaven. There were only two that admitted feeling that way at one time or another and I was one of them. I'm not sure if they were all being totally truthful! (grin)
There have been days in my life that the other side looked very good and a relief to the pain and hurt I was suffering. I do admit that the times I've felt that way are very few and short lived. I enjoy life and want to live as long as the Lord wants me on this earth. I do know that when He is finished with me, He will come for me and I will live in a place far better than this earth. Until then, I will be content and work to be what God wants me to be.
I strive to be the kind of wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, teacher, friend, and child of God that will make a positive difference in this world.
Beth
Comments