"Does Jesus Care?"


Sometimes when we are weighed down with the cares of this life, it's easy to wonder is Jesus or anyone cares. I was reminded that He does care when our Pastor's wife sang this song at church. I'm so glad that I know that HE CARES!!


“Does Jesus Care?”
Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
too deeply for mirth or song,
as the burdens press, and the cares distress,
and the way grows weary and long?

Does Jesus care when my way is dark with a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
does He care enough to be near?

Does Jesus care when I've tried and failed to resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief
tho' my tears flow all the night long?

Does Jesus care when I've said "goodbye" to the dearest on earth to me,
and my sad heart aches, till it nearly breaks,
is it aught to Him? Does He see?

RefrainOh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long night dreary,
I know my Savior cares.

- Frank E. Graeff, 1901
Copyright © 1993 by Lillenas Publishing Co.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."