"Words, Words, and more Words!"

It’s been some time since I’ve blogged and the “natives” are beginning to get restless and complain. I’ll try to do better.

We homeschool our daughters and last week was our first week back after a nice, too short, summer vacation. We are still adjusting to a more rigid routine so my time has been filled with lesson plans and the like. Our schedule is getting there and should be better by the time I start adding piano lessons, the first week in September.

The new world of blogging has been an interesting one for me. I’m now more aware of other people’s blogs and have visited several blogging sites. Some I enjoy returning to on a regular basis and others are on the depressing side and I don’t go back. All of them have one thing in common . . . WORDS!!!

I’ve been thinking about “WORDS” and the role they play in our lives and society and it’s much to think upon, if I must SAY! (pardon the pun) I’m constantly reminded that “WORDS” are very powerful and most of the time come forth, emitting the aroma of a person’s heart.

It doesn’t take but a few minutes of listening to people’s words to find out where their heart lies. The Bible does say that out of the abundance of a man’s heart does he speak. (Beth’s paraphrase) That was written before the typewritten word but I think it applies to Blogs and any written or printed word.

One site I visit on a regular basis is written by a relative of mine. I can always count on leaving it feeling more uplifted and encouraged than when I arrived. The words are always what I need to hear and they bless me deeply.

On the other hand, I visited a site the other day which belonged to, of all people, a minister. I’d never met this person but thought for sure that I would find some words of wisdom that would benefit my life. I left the site, feeling a depressed and decided that I would not go back. After reading his words I wondered if he’d have a job if all his church board or deacons read his words.

All of this made me start thinking a little more about my words and how I should guard and measure them before they leave my mouth or fingers. They do reflect the condition of my heart and can uplift and encourage or tear down and destroy. There are also times to speak and times to remain silent. Wisdom comes in knowing when those times are and acting on them.

Psalm 19:14 say, “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” That is my prayer.

Have a wonderful, uplifting week!
Beth

Comments

Natalie Jost said…
Thank you! You've encouranged me to choose my words more carefully, moreso than simply because I blog but because I represent Christ.
Beth From Bynum said…
I guess the bottom line in what we say is would Jesus be pleased with it?

We are all on this journey together and can use all the positive, uplifting words we can get.

May God Bless you and your words!

Beth Shurbutt

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .