Today, I had a light bulb moment, which is surprising. (The older I get the less frequent they become!) I realized that I'm becoming like my late grandmother, Mary Melvina Stewart Matthews, and it was the first time that had dawned on me. I know I'm a lot like my mom but had never really seen a lot of my grandmother in myself. It's not a bad thing, but I had to warn Eddie who is just coming to terms with my becoming like my mother! (grin) My grandmother, for those of you who knew her, was a saint! There was not a person she did not like, and she had a true servant's heart. She was one of the most unique people I've ever known and saw things in ways that most people didn't see them. What triggered my "moment" was the story about "Fred, my grandmother's electronic clock. "Fred" was an innovator of his time. He was a simple looking, 2.5" cube that could be programmed to audibly give the time and date on the hour...
Comments
I love your writings!! Keep up the good work. It is the only way I can keep up with you and your precious family!!
Love,
Cousin Judy in LA
This site has proven tobe difficult to work. (for me) This is the fourth time I am trying to leave a comment and it has not worked thus far. Hope this time will work out. Cheryl
Cheryl, whatever you did, it worked!!! YEAH!! Leave a comment anytime. Just keep it clean! (grin)
Beth