Faith . . . an interesting concept!

When I was a teenager the above necklace was very popular among many of my contemporaries although I never remember owning one. In recent days, the concept of "faith" has been on my mind and I've come up with a few conclusions. You may not share my opinion and that's okay because I may be totally missing the mark. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Faith is not something that you can store up, stockpile or create.

2. It's not the amount of faith one has that determines the answer to ones prayers.

3. The Bible says that one needs enough faith to equal the size of a mustard seed. That's not very big unless you're an ant.

4. Faith is belief and trust followed by action.

5. Faith is a continued belief and trust even when a solution cannot be seen.

6. It's not faith that moves the mountain but GOD! When we trust in God, He's able to move the mountains that need to be moved for the glory of His kingdom, not our convenience. Some mountains are left for us to climb. They build strength and endurance which we will need for the journey.

7. Faith is part of many aspects of our daily lives. I have faith that if I turn the key in my ignition, the engine will start. I have faith that the water coming from my faucet will be clean. I can be disappointed when my faith in "things" wavers due to the failure of things and people. I will never be disappointed by my Heavenly Father.

8. Faith in God means I know He's in control, He's never let me down and will continue to love me. Therefore, I can persevere under difficult situations because I know He is present.

Therefore . . . I will continue loving and trusting the Lord. He is my strength, my hope, and my salvation! Praise His name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .