The Larpenteur Reunion Trip 2008
As you, who are my faithful readers, have noticed, I've not posted much on my blog. In fact this is the first post for the month of May and it is nearly over. My family, along with sixteen other family members, traveled to France on May 3, and returned May 13. The purpose of our trip was to meet other descendants of the Larpenteur family. This trip has been in the works for almost two years, and it finally happened! I will try to write some of the highlights from each day, which may take some time. Be patient and check the blog daily.
DAY 1:
Day one began very stormy in Alabama. We drove through wind, rain, and hail to get to the Birmingham airport. I was afraid that our flight would be delayed because of the weather advisories that had been posted earlier, but our flights were on schedule for the most part. When we went to check in and get our boarding passes, my name was not listed with Eddie, Anna, and Rachel's. I immediately had dejavous. Last summer, when we had traveled to France, my name on my passport was not exactly the same as on the airline ticket which caused me MUCH grief. I immediately thought that the nightmare was happening again. Fortunately the problem was found and corrected. What a relief that was for my beating heart!
DAY 1:
Day one began very stormy in Alabama. We drove through wind, rain, and hail to get to the Birmingham airport. I was afraid that our flight would be delayed because of the weather advisories that had been posted earlier, but our flights were on schedule for the most part. When we went to check in and get our boarding passes, my name was not listed with Eddie, Anna, and Rachel's. I immediately had dejavous. Last summer, when we had traveled to France, my name on my passport was not exactly the same as on the airline ticket which caused me MUCH grief. I immediately thought that the nightmare was happening again. Fortunately the problem was found and corrected. What a relief that was for my beating heart!
(Anna and Rachel in Birmingham)
Our flight from Birmingham took us to Atlanta where we met up with the rest of our family, some of which we'd never met before. Those of my immediate family meeting us were Carole (my sister), Randy (my oldest brother), and Kirby and Linda Larpenter (my first cousin and his wife).
Comments