Making Memories . . .
Well, yesterday was such a beautiful day that I decided that a family cookout would be much fun. We don't ever do anything like that, but Rachel was my biggest supporter and we got to work.
We went into the woods behind out house to try and find some wood for our bonfire. That is easier said than done. We found a lot of sticks that we had thrown over the fence but I had to get a little hand saw and cut down a couple little trees. One was full of termites so we decided to let it remain in the woods. I was afraid that we would step on a snake but the only thing we seemed to stir up was a hug rabbit.
While I ran to the store to buy "fixings", Rachel got to work setting up the cookout. She pulled out the folding chairs and set them in a row.

I didn't realize that she'd also made fancy menus on the computer and had the printed, folded, and placed on each of the chairs with a "complementary" mint.
The dog couldn't understand the whole concept of us eating outdoors and her being asked to stay out of the food. We finally had to catch her and put her in confinement until we had finished.
Hotdogs seem to taste better when eaten in the backyard with your family. It got a little chilly but Rachel had prepared for that by bringing each of us a blanket!
I will cherish our "cookout" for years to come. I hope that we will have many years ahead to make memories ,but I've learned that the important thing is to make the most of the time we do have!

Beth
We went into the woods behind out house to try and find some wood for our bonfire. That is easier said than done. We found a lot of sticks that we had thrown over the fence but I had to get a little hand saw and cut down a couple little trees. One was full of termites so we decided to let it remain in the woods. I was afraid that we would step on a snake but the only thing we seemed to stir up was a hug rabbit.
While I ran to the store to buy "fixings", Rachel got to work setting up the cookout. She pulled out the folding chairs and set them in a row.

I didn't realize that she'd also made fancy menus on the computer and had the printed, folded, and placed on each of the chairs with a "complementary" mint.
The dog couldn't understand the whole concept of us eating outdoors and her being asked to stay out of the food. We finally had to catch her and put her in confinement until we had finished.
Hotdogs seem to taste better when eaten in the backyard with your family. It got a little chilly but Rachel had prepared for that by bringing each of us a blanket!
I will cherish our "cookout" for years to come. I hope that we will have many years ahead to make memories ,but I've learned that the important thing is to make the most of the time we do have!

Beth
Comments