Thanksgiving and the Larpenter Reunion - Day 2

Well, it's December 16 and I'm just getting a moment to work on my blog. I hope that I'll do better in 2006!

Day 2 of our Visit to Louisiana . . .

What a joy it is to wake up to the smells of coffee and food coming from the kitchen. Mom always gets up early and puts on the coffee and makes noise so that the rest of us soon join her! She would not confess to that, but I'm no dummy!

Carole, Anna, Rachel, and I head to the "Big Store" - what we call Wal-mart. I'm afraid Aunt Carole would be broke if she lived around my girls. She kept slipping them money and they ate it up! Surprisingly enough, we didn't run into anyone we knew. I recogned some from my days of living in Natchitoches but I didn't know names. Time has a way of changing places and people.
Randy, Laura, and Ryan arrived from Texas and it was a joy to see them.

Laura is living in Hamlin, working at the Chamber of Commerce and also working on her Master's degree in Abilene, Texas. She is a beautiful, precious, young lady.

Ryan is now 13 years old now and it really growin up. He's such a sweet, cute kid and is Randy made over. Bless his heart!

Randy L. came with a special presentation to make to Randy Buckner. Since Randy B. was not there, the presentation was made to Carole. It was a "special" Pull-my-finger Santa. You can imagine what it does and says. Randy L. is so funny and I video taped the presentation. Randy Buckner was proud of it and took it to work with him.

It's so much fun to be around my family. We have such a good time laughing and recalling "old" times even though none of us are that old. We missed having Kevin and his family there, though. They don't get to come that often.

Mom cooked gumbo and chicken and dumplings. Forget the low-carb diet when you at mom's house! I was very good and didn't eat any rolls, even though I was tempted more than you know.


SEE???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .