Surprise!!!
Well, you won't believe where the girls and I are right now? We're in Washington State, at the home of my sister Carole and her husband Randy! It was a big secret, our coming that is.
Carole called me a couple weeks ago and invited us to come up and surprise Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad have been here for 3 weeks. Eddie was unable to come with us because of his work schedule and we were very sad about that.
We flew up Friday, October 14, 2005 and then drove from the airport to Carole's. Our luggage didn't make it and our "Special" Signs were in the suitcases. We quickly made do by making new signs that said, "Evacuee in Need" and "Will work for Food!"
When we got to the bottom of the street where Carole lives, we called her and she loaded up Aunt Sue, Uncle Tom and Mom and Dad and said that she needed to go to her office to get some paper. They thought that it was strange but went along with it. When they got to where we were Carole said, "Look, someone in need. Let's stop and give them some money!" Mom thought that this was a crazy idea and said that they could get hurt. Dad rolled down his window and still didn't recognize the girls. He told them that he too was a refugee but wasn't asking for help. About that time I stepped from the van and started taking pictures. Dad recognized me and you should have seen the looks on their faces! It was dark and raining and I didn't take any video but I did take some still photos!

We will stay here until Saturday then fly back with Mom and Dad to Houston. I'll write more as I can.
Beth
Comments