To the person in front of me in the self-checkout line . . . you are one of the reasons our country is in the shape it is in! When I started looking down to ring up my items, I noticed this huge package of hotdogs, still cool to the touch, that had been pushed back out of the way. I grabbed it and gave it to one of the "attendants" and she said, "I don't have time to run it back." I'm sure it will end up in the trash. WASTE!!!
Earlier I was in Five and Below and while waiting to pay for my items, a man, his wife and little boy were in front of me looking at the displays near the checkout. One of the hanging packages had fallen to the floor and the little boy scooted it around with his foot but no move was made by him or his parents to hang it back on the display. When they moved up, I reached down and hung it up.
I guess I was just raised differently, but I was taught if you could make something right, DO IT. I'd love to know how much is lost by grocery stores each year by food tossed on a shelf (other than where it belongs) left to ruin. I wonder how many employee hours it takes to put things back where people purposefully re-shelf them.
I was taught that you put things back where you got them . . . PERIOD! If you picked up something and changed your mind, TAKE IT BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT!!
Going to Walmart lately has become depressing because of many things. Today was not a good day for me.
I apologize for the rant. I just had to get it off my chest. I'm carrying a heavy load today and the hotdogs were the straw that broke the camel's back.
I will probably delete this post by the end of the day, but maybe someone needs to see it!
Comments