New Beginnings . . .

Greetings friends and family,

It seems that the quick and easy manner of Facebook has robbed me of the motivation to write on my Blog in a faithful consistent manner, and that makes me sad. I will try to do better as the year 2009 passes before my eyes. It is January 26 as I write, and I’m not sure where the last 26 days have disappeared. They are a mere blur on the lens of my memory.

Even with the blur of the days, much has happened in that short three plus weeks.

* Eddie and the girls were called out to look for a missing crop duster in Mississippi. They were not able to make a find but the wreckage was found several days later with a sad outcome.
* The 44th President was sworn-in twice this month, a history making event attached with many emotions and expectations.
* Today the confirmation was made of Timothy Geithner” as Secretary of Treasury, a man who admitted to not paying his taxes. (This makes no sense to me.)
* A 93-year-old man froze to death inside his home just days after the municipal power company restricted his use of electricity because of unpaid bills. At the same time we freely give monthly checks to women who continue to have out-of-wedlock babies and refuse to work.
* Tens of thousands of job layoffs are announced this month. It’s touched close to home with the laying off of one of our horse barn employees, and we are saddened by the news.
* We were reminded that the rich and famous have heartaches with the news of the death of John Travolta’s son on January 2.

As I reflect on the happenings of the first 26 days of this month I feel a great mixture of emotions and feelings. I’m saddened and perplexed by some. Others move me to stand up and voice my opinion, one freedom we Americans are still clinging too with our fingernails. At times I want to sit down and cry as I realize my tax dollars are being used to fund abortions around the world.

In the midst of the chaos and downward spiraling, I’m reminded that it all belongs to God and that soon every knee will bow and confess that “Jesus is Lord!”

As a believer I have a big job and responsibility to love, give, and serve no matter what is going on around me or what others are doing.

Lord, help me in this New Year of 2009 that my light may shine so that a lost world may see YOU!

Comments

Kimberly said…
wow, it has been awhile since you blogged!! and it has been a blur of 26 days...goodness. I agree that the most important we can do is to let our lights shine...

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .