Pinball on the Power Point Screen!

(It's hard to believe that this happened 5 years ago!  Where does the time go.  This is too cute not to bring back for a revisit!)



Well, they say you pay for your raising! I think that I paid in full for both mine and Eddie’s raisings this morning in church!!

Let me give you a little background so that you can better understand the tail that is about to unfold. Anna, our 15-year-old daughter usually creates and runs the PowerPoint presentations for church on Sunday mornings. She was unable to be at church today because of her FTX, CAP training in Montgomery. Rachel has asked to fill in when Anna is not there and we’ve let her because she is able to do a good job.

Well, I didn’t get a chance before the service to instruct Rachel on exactly when and what was to be done. That cause several mad dashes by the church pianist (that being yours truly) to the sound system to give instructions.

By the time I sat down by Stephen, the 10 year old autistic boy I mentor during church, I was exhausted. I got him started with some busy work while I leaned back in the pew to enjoy the special music. Just as the soloist started the chorus, Stephen grabbed my sleeve and pointed to the large projection screen, hanging up in the front of the church. Much to my horror and dismay there is a pinball game being played on the BIG SCREEN!!!! Rachel had forgotten to turn off the projector and she lost herself in a spirited game of computer pinball!!! My heart dropped and I quickly abandoned Stephen and made a hasty retreat to the sound booth, AGAIN! Eddie and I met there about the same time!!!

I trusted and prayed that no one had noticed the Pinball Game or would even recognize what it was before the projector was turned off.

Over lunch, we talked to Rachel about the whole incident and admonished her that playing pinball during church was not proper, and that we did not want it to happen again.

At church tonight, I apologized to the pastor who had seen the game but had chosen not to mention it. What happened next was so cute! He went up to Rachel and said, “How was your score this morning?” She laughed and that broke the ice.

Comments

nazpaz said…
Your story reminds me of a similar situation that happened where my son attended. Instead of pinball it was solitare. The multi-media guy has yet to live down his playing solitare during the sermon!
Beth From Bynum said…
That is too funny! I'm sure most pastors could write a book on all the funny things that have happened in church!

A story is told on my great uncle, I.B. Malone. I'm not sure if it is true or not, but it's funny.

They were having closing prayer around the altar one Sunday morning and he went to sleep, kneeling by my aunt. When prayer was over, she elbowed him and he roused and said, "You make coffee this morning. I made it yesterday morning!"

Thanks for replying!
Beth
Glenda said…
Cute story - this one and the Uncle I.B. story, which I hadn't heard!

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .