"Moving Pianos and Faith"
What an amazing two days it has been. Yesterday we were piano buyers, and today we were piano movers! The amazing thing was that the Lord was in it and going before us to make a way!
Eddie had seen a piano in an Estate Sale ad on Facebook Thursday night. He mentioned it to me but I was drowning in taxes and didn't have time to think about it.
Friday (yesterday), Eddie and I decided to go to the estate sale and check out the piano. The person in charge of the sale told me that someone else was interested in it but it I gave her money for it, the piano would be mine. I played it, and though it was slightly out of tune, the action was in great shape. I got out my checkbook and the piano was mine.
I thought the piano would be an asset to the choir room at church and contacted Pastor Bill and Barry about it, hoping they would agree!
When I woke up this morning I still had not heard from any potential movers so I started praying. Barry texted with news that I did not want to hear. NO MOVERS! Eddie and I talked and thought that we would just try doing it ourselves. As I drove to the location of the piano, I knew that there would be no way we could move it by ourselves. Even though they weight about 200 pounds less than a full upright, spinets average between 3 and 4 hundred pounds, way too much for us to lift.
After a long discussion about my expectations, disappointment, and reality, I finally just turned it all over to the Lord and asked Him to provide a way.
We drove up to the estate sale, and as I went in to clear a path to move the piano, Eddie backed up the truck. There was an older man there who didn't look in the best of shape but he said he would help the best of his ability. About that time up walked a man who said that he was a professional mover and would help us get the piano on the back of the truck! I just had to stop and praise the Lord out loud. The man picked up the end of the piano by himself and lifted it on the truck with some help from the other man, Eddie, and myself!
As Eddie and I wrapped the piano in blankets and tied it securely to the truck, I told him that the Lord was working and we would continue to trust Him for help when we got to the church. I also contacted Barry who said he'd meet us at the church in an hour.
When we got to the church, Barry was not in sight,and the parking lot was full. James Davis (who had a double lung transplant several years ago) was there, and even though he wanted to help, I did not want him lifting the piano. I do love and appreciate him for his generous heart and willing spirit!!!
Eddie found a lower door and parked the truck next to it. Before we went into the church we were informed that a Taekwondo group was in in the fellowship hall testing and would not be finished for about 30 minutes. I went in and stood in the shadows while the young men and ladies were breaking boards with their feet and hands.
As I stood watching and waiting, the Lord said, "Why don't you recruit some of the STRONG Taekwondo people to help get the piano off of the truck. It then hit me! When God works, HE REALLY WORKS!!!! I had not even known they were going to be there, but HE DID.
When I heard the words "you're dismissed" from one of the instructors, I got their attention and told them that they were an answer to prayer. Soon 4-5 strong men were following me to the truck, and the piano was unloaded and moved into the choir room without Eddie and I having to lift a finger.
What an amazing God we serve! Why would I ever doubt and not have faith!?!?!?! Thank you Lord for loving me and providing! Forgive me for the times when my faith is weak. I am blessed!

Comments