Back From a Short Hiatus!

It seems that Facebook, with its ease and popularity, has become my major venue of communication these days, and I'm not sure if that is a good thing.  Surprisingly I have over 400 friends with maybe 10 people who read my entries and even less who respond.  I can count on responses from my "liberal" friends when I say anything about our nation's leader.  I can get a few responses if I copy and paste something "motivational or inspirational" that I borrowed from another source.  But, other than that, I don't hear much from my 400 plus friends.  That leaves me to ask how "Social" are our "Social Networks"?

As I've been thinking about my life and what I want to leave behind.  I'm not sure if what I deem important will be important to those left to go through my stuff.  I am sure I have less readers on my blog than on Facebook, but I feel more free to write and express what I really feel on my Blog.  Who knows, maybe when I'm dead and gone, my writings will bring some sort of enjoyment to my grandchildren.

I was playing the piano at the funeral of a wonderful friend last week when a man came up to me, introduced himself, and stated that he enjoyed reading my blog.  I almost fell off the bench.  (Not really - I'm exaggerating.)  It made me feel so good to know that someone is reading what I write.

Today has been such a wonderful day although it did not start out very smooth.  The old evil one enjoys giving me a hard time on Sunday morning.  None of my van riders were going to church this morning and that always makes my heart heavy.  As I was heading to church, the old clouds of doom started lowering on my head.  I immediately reminded myself that I had a choice.  I could allow discouragement to color my day and rob me of God's presence, or I could choose to praise the Lord and claim His promise that "Where two or more are gathered in My name, I will be in their midst."  I started singing (I was alone so I didn't have to worry about offending anyone with my voice) and praising the Lord.  By the time I got to church, the presence of the Lord was so real that I just felt like spending the whole service praising Him.  It all started with my choice.

I was reminded during church today that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills.  It's all His, and He takes care of His children.  PRAISE HIS NAME!!!  He will never leave or forsake me.  He knows me and STILL loves me.  PRAISE HIS NAME!!!

As I continue on my journey, I realize that I will never be able to please everyone and make everyone like me.  I also know that my Heavenly Father knows my heart and will judge me fairly.  Praise His Name.  He is my rock and my salvation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .