The Mind of Christ
Daily I pray for the Mind of Christ, and the more damage I see so-called "Believers" do, the more I'm convinced that we ALL need to have the Mind of Christ.
My pastor told me a story of another minister he had read in a book. I won't mention the name of the pastor because some of you may know those involved in this event. The pastor took a new church and hadn't been there long when he heard that one of the members had been spreading gossip and lies about him. He knew they were unfounded and damaging to him so he decided to drive out and visit the man who was spreading the untruths. When he pulled in front of the house he saw the man sitting on the front porch in his rocking chair. The pastor approached the man and asked him if he'd been spreading the gossip and untruths about him and the man admitted that he had. What happens next takes the mind and grace of Christ. The pastor walked over to the man's chair, knelt down beside him and said, "If you've been saying all these things, I need you to pray for me."
Immediately the guilty man started crying and asked the pastor for forgiveness. He confessed that he had nothing against the pastor but against the precious one. From that point on, the man became the pastor's greatest supporter and worker in the church.
It hurts me to see innocent people hurt by the lies of others. As a believer with the Mind of Christ, I assume the best about people. Instead of taking a bitter, "get-back" attitude when I'm wronged, I pray for the person and try to love them to Jesus.
I've learned that in my few years on this earth that the ones who do the least work are the ones who complain the loudest and cause the most problems.
I will never understand all that people say and do. I'm about to the point of even trying! (grin) I will keep loving, praying, and encouraging because I know the day is coming, sooner than we realize, where we will ALL stand before our Creator and listen to the account of our life. Oh how I want to hear the words, "Well done thou good, and faithful servant!"
Comments