He Who Lives for himself, will Die by Himself

Yesterday I received news that my Uncle Richard Larpenter had passed away. In his 80’s, he’d lived far beyond what anyone would have expected because of the way he treated his body over the years. The sad thing is that he died a lonely person. I’m reminded of the saying, “He who lives to himself, dies to himself.” My revised edition of that statement is, “He who lives for himself, will die by himself.”

I reminded my Sunday School class this week that the life of Servant hood is more rewarding for the servant than the one being served. When we think of others first and reach out to them with our love and giving, we end up with the greater blessing! If you don’t believe me, try it!

I pray that Uncle Richard was ready to meet the Lord, and I’m so thankful that we serve a God who judges fairly. What a difference his life could have been, though, if he’d given his heart to God at an early age and learned the lifestyle of servant hood.

Just remember “Bread, cast upon the water will return to you!” (That is Biblical!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .